US administration to sue federal court over travel ban

The Trump administration said on Monday it is considering its next move against the 9th US Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco, which this week upheld a verdict of blocking Trump's anti-migrant executive order.

The US Justice Department said its lawyers will file a lawsuit against the states of Washington and Minnesota for challenging Trump's travel ban while the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals considers whether to rehear the case.

Last month, President Trump signed an executive order temporarily banning travel from seven Muslim-majority countries. The order was suspended by Judge James Robart, whose decision was upheld on appeal by the 9th Circuit Court. Trump charged the court with overreaching and being driven by ideology.

Source: VOV5