Iran to continue scaling down nuclear commitments

The Iranian President's Chief of Staff Mahmoud Vaezi said on Wednesday that Tehran will take a fourth step to modify its nuclear deal commitments if the Europeans keep failing to deliver on their promises. A committee is studying the fourth step, Vaezi told reporters.

The US last year unilaterally withdrew from the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, the historic nuclear deal signed in 2015 between Iran and the five permanent members of the United Nations Security Council (China, France, Russia, the UK, and the US), plus Germany. The US has been increasing sanctions on Iran's finance and oil industry. Iran has responded by announcing plans to enrich uranium beyond the level of 3.67% and the 300kg stockpile limit allowed under the terms of the 2015 agreement.

Source: VOV5