US-DPRK Summit 2019: DPRK media acknowledges ‘no deal’ at Hanoi summit for first time
The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK)'s state media on March 8 acknowledged for the first time the fruitless summit between its leader Kim Jong-un and US President Donald Trump last week.
The public at home and abroad that had hoped for success and good results from the second DPRK-US summit in Hanoi are feeling regretful, blaming the US for the summit that ended without an agreement," Rodong Sinmun, the newspaper of the Workers' Party of Korea (WPK), said in a commentary.
The same day, the Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) also mentioned for the first time the breakdown of the summit which took place in Hanoi, Vietnam, on February 27 and 28.
Earlier, immediately after the summit, the DPRK media said only that Pyongyang and Washington have agreed to continue "productive" discussions on denuclearization.
Meanwhile, Rodong Sinmun carried a front-page picture that showed Kim and Trump shaking hands.
Two days ago, the Korean Central Television of the DPRK aired a documentary on the summit, reaffirming the DPRK's willingness to continue negotiations despite the talks' breakdown without a deal.
The 75-minute documentary said the two countries can write a new history and future if they engage in negotiations with a fair proposal, appropriate attitude and will to solve the problem.
The film also presented Kim's 11-day trip in chronological order, from his departure from the Pyongyang train station to the summit with Trump, an official visit to Vietnam and his return home.
Source: People's Army Newspaper